Archive for July 16th, 2011
Caregiving for disabled and elderly parents is an increasingly problem all around the world, especially in the United Kingdom.
Based on recent figures, it is considered that one in 7 of the UK population has some form of physical disability and:
- More than 250 thousand people in the UK used wheelchairs
- 25% of people living in the United Kingdom have some sort of mental issue
- 157,000 people in the UK are registered as being blind
- More than 1.8 million people in the UK have diabetes
- 1.57 million people in the united kingdom have hearing difficulties
The same problem happens also in the Usa where, a new study of family caregivers demonstrated that, 1 out of 3 adults in the U.S.A. serves as a caregiver.
It is important to remember ... (continue)